Nicholas Kaiser CFA, MBA
Chairman & Director, Saturna Capital
- Income Fund Portfolio Manager since 1990
- Growth Fund Portfolio Manager since 1994 (the Fund's inception)
- Developing World Fund Portfolio Manager since 2009 (the Fund's inception)
- Nominated to Morningstar's Ultimate Stock Pickers list three years running (2010, 2011, and 2012)
- Twice nominated Morningstar's Domestic-Stock Manager of The Year (2006 & 2008)
- Twice named to Barron's Top 100 Portfolio Managers (2001 & 2002)
- Northwest Business Monthly's Business Person of The Year (2006)
- Received Whatcom Business Alliance's Lifetime Achievement Award for 2012.
Born in Bellingham, WA in 1946, Mr. Kaiser graduated from Yale College, with a degree in economics and obtained his MBA from the University of Chicago in 1968, with dual majors in International Economics and Finance. Mr. Kaiser purchased control of Unified Management Corporation (Indianapolis) in 1976, and built it into a mid-sized investment management and brokerage firm. After selling Unified to a major insurance company, he returned to Bellingham and founded Saturna Capital in 1989.
Mr. Kaiser and his children control Saturna Capital through its voting stock. A Chartered Financial Analyst® charterholder, he is Saturna's chief investment officer. He serves Saturna's mutual funds as trustee, president and equity portfolio manager.
Mr. Kaiser's industry activities include service with the Investment Company Institute (past Governor), CFA Institute (past chapter president), Financial Planning Association (past chapter president), and No-Load Mutual Fund Association (past national president). He currently serves on the volunteer boards of St. Paul’s Academy, Mt. Baker Council of the Boy Scouts of America, the Mt. Baker Foundation, and Shawnigan Lake School. He supports a range of non-profit activities, such as the Kaiser Professorship in International Business at Western Washington University. He enjoys sailing, skiing, architecture, programming, politics and history.
Scott Klimo CFA
Director of Research, Saturna Capital
- Deputy Portfolio Manager since 2012
- Named to Plan Sponsor Magazine's "Free Rangers: The Best Managers You've
Never Heard Of" List (2008)
Mr. Klimo received his BA in Asian Studies from Hamilton College in Clinton, NY and also attended the Chinese University of Hong Kong and the Mandarin Training Center in Taipei, Taiwan. Scott has over 20 years experience in the financial industry with the first several years of his career spent living and working in a variety of Asian countries and the past 10 years working as a senior analyst, research director and portfolio manager covering global equities. Mr. Klimo is a chartered financial analyst (CFA) charterholder and holds a Private Pilot (FAA) license. He is a supporter of various environmental organizations and served for several years on the Board of Directors of the Marin County Bicycle Coalition. Outside of work Mr. Klimo is an avid cyclist and scuba diver; pursuits he shares with his wife and two teenage children.