- The Saturna Advantage
- Retirement Calculators
- Individual Retirement Accounts
- Traditional IRA
- Roth IRA
- Converting To A Roth IRA
- 401(k) Plans
- Account Login
- General Guidelines
- Plan Services
- Fee Schedule
- Setting Up Your 401(k)
- Employer Plans
- SEP IRAs
- SIMPLE IRAs
- Rollovers & Transfers
- Withdrawal Exemptions
- Prohibited Transactions
401(k) Brochures & Forms:
Employee Brochures & Forms:
Setting Up Your 401(k): Step-By-Step
- Review and sign the Recordkeeping Agreement.
This is the document that details the recordkeeping and administrative services Saturna Capital will perform.
- Work with a retirement plan specialist to choose your desired plan options.
We prepare your Basic Plan Document and Adoption Agreement based on your directions.
- Review and sign the Basic Plan Document and Adoption Agreement.
Taken together, these form your 401(k) Plan Document; they detail the provisions of the Plan and how it should operate.
- Notify employees of the plan and adopt your procedures for administering the plan.
We prepare your Summary Plan Description for distribution to your employees.
- Keep a copy of all completed employee enrollment forms for your records. Return a copy of all completed enrollment forms to Saturna Capital.
- Review your company’s Summary Plan Description.
Be sure you understand how the Plan works and your Plan’s options.
- Complete and sign the Wage Deferral Agreement.
Investments must be at least $25 per pay period.
- Complete and sign the Investment Election Form.
Be sure to read the Prospectus of each Fund selected. Sextant Core Fund will be the default option if no selection is made.
- Complete and sign the Beneficiary Designation Form.
- Return all completed documents to your company’s Plan Administrator.